Succulents are probably my favorite thing on the entire planet earth because of their unique beauty and incredible visual interest.
Due to their wide variety of options in color, size, texture and shape, you can create a personalized succulent wedding favor for each one of your wedding guests with a few simple steps. They can also double as a place card holder at your reception tables by writing the name of your guests on each one of the tags.
DIY Succulent Wedding Favors Tutorial:
1. Purchase small succulent plants from your local florist or hardware store. You might also have luck finding them at a local farmer’s market.
2. Choose your containers based on your wedding theme. This can be anything from a regular miniature clay pot to small tins, mason jars, or ever tea cups! I would even consider mixing them up a bit. You can choose a different themed container for every table.
3. Purchase card stock to secure your gift tags to. Wedding Paper Divas has a large selection of personalized gift tags to choose from. Be sure to leave room at the top of your tags for a hole punch.
4. Use twine, ribbon, or anything else of your choice that will slide through your hole punched tags and secure them around your succulent wedding favor containers. Another option is to glue your tags or place cards on a wooden stick and let them sit up right in the dirt. This idea actually works a little better if you’re planning on using them at your reception tables as place cards.
5. Now, just sit back and watch as everyone swoons over the impressive gifts that will surely be sitting in their kitchen windows for years to come. And, what an easy and fun diy project! Get the girls together and make an afternoon around it.
Interested in offering succulents at your wedding?
Read the rest of the article and see succulent inspiration here: